How to Launch & Enhance Your Virtual Interior Design Service
The Kate Show | Episode 20
I chatted with fellow lady boss Albie Buabeng of Albie Knows Design and founder of The E-Design Experience, a virtual seminar and society centered on helping interior designers launch and grow a profitable e-design business (or simply add e-design to their list of services).
Albie's innate business sense, intentional moves, and tough but honest questions catapulted her from one industry to the next. Looking back, she noted that all of her "random" experience came full circle and culminated in the niche-focused virtual interior designer and entrepreneur that she is today.
Now, Albie is sharing her hard-won knowledge about e-design and pulling together other professionals from both inside and outside the home industry in her action-packed, two day seminar, The E-Design Experience.
If you've been wishing for a way to increase your income, do less travelling, and live life on your own terms, this episode of The Kate Show is for you.
About Our Guest
After creating a comfortable, stylish, and functional home for three in a NYC Hell's Kitchen studio apartment, Albie made the transition from retail visual merchandising to interior styling & design, and hasn't looked back!
Her passion for decoding spaces is the culmination of nearly a decade of retail visual merchandising & freelance marketing. Using her experience of space design and storytelling, she launched a concierge shopping & online interior design service, in addition to a curated, bi-monthly home decor subscription box.
As both a designer & decor stylist, she specializes in connecting fellow creatives with beautiful pieces and functional design to transform their ordinary spaces into extraordinary dreamscapes.
The E-Design Experience was born out of a need for online designers to have a place & space for support, learning, and making connections. This passion project is now an online community & collaborative space for online interior designers to elevate their brand & transcend the traditional design narrative, with the inaugural conference slated for mid June 2018.
Listen to the Episode
- Describe your life (work / family / the area you live in).
- Tell us about your NYC studio apartment. In what ways did you redesign it?
- How long did that take and did you do this before or after becoming a designer?
- Why did you transition from merchandising to designing? What has that career path been like?
- Tell us about your bi-monthly home decor subscription box. Why did you launch this and what does each box include? How much work / planning is involved?
- Tell us about the E-Design Experience.
- What inspired you to create it?
- Who is the E-Design Experience for?
- What will people take away from this seminar?
- When / where is the seminar and how can people register for it?
Resources & Relevant Links
The E-Design Experience (use promo code DESIGNPRENEUR to get your early bird discount)